“King’s Hall has a long history of caring for and educating children from a service background. We understand that military family life has its challenges and want to ensure that the children of serving personnel are educated in a nurturing and stable environment.”
What makes King's Hall different?
We are a reasonably small school and know each child as an individual, placing emphasis on pastoral care and personal development, as well as on academic achievement. Pupils in our care benefit from a home-from-home environment in which they are encouraged to live, learn and grow.
We have a good number of children from service backgrounds who understand the tensions of being part of a military family, and who actively care and support each other. Children are also strongly encouraged to maintain regular contact with their families via telephone, Skype and email. Houseparents and academic staff can also be contacted directly.
What are the benefits of a King's education?
- Extensive co-curricular programme (after school and at weekends)
- Great location - We are within a few miles of the centre of Taunton, a large Somerset market town. We enjoy excellent rail and motorway connections whilst enjoying an idyllic country location surrounded by National Trust farmland.
- Boarders have the benefit of completing their homework and/or revision in a specific time slot, with teachers on hand to support where necessary.
- Delicious food - Our catering team prepare three outstanding cooked meals each day to ensure the children are well-fuelled.
- Those who progress to our senior school, King's College, benefit from the CCF, with sections in the Royal Marines, Royal Navy and Army.
Remission for Families Eligible for CEA
If you are entitled to CEA, you will pay the following fees per term:
Year 3 and 4: £660
Year 5 and 6: £755
Year 7 and 8: £860
*The termly fee is fully inclusive of all 'extras' of general application (e.g. meals, laundry, most text books and stationary). Scholarships are also available and can be applied for, even if you qualify for CEA. Fee applies to applications and registrations for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Remission for Families Not Eligible for CEA
A 10% remission is available for children of serving, regular members of the Armed Forces, where that family is not eligible for CEA. The remission applies against the day or boarding fee as appropriate.
1. Our military remissions are only available to children of serving, regular members of the Armed Forces, not those of reservists.
2. Sibling discounts do not apply.
Boarding at King's Hall
The Boarding House at King's Hall offers a warm and friendly home-from-home environment, complete with house pooch, Snoops! There is a strong family ethos within the school community, which ensures that our full-time boarders are fully supported throughout their time with us.
Service Families Enquriy
If you would like to find out more about our Service Families, please fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.