King’s Hall School has a long history of caring for and educating children from a service background. We understand that military family life has its challenges and want to ensure that the children of serving personnel are educated in a nurturing and stable environment.
What Makes our School Different?
• We are a reasonably small school and know each child as an individual, placing emphasis on pastoral care and personal development as well as on academic achievement.
• We offer your child a home-from-home environment in which to live, learn and grow.
• We have a good number of children from service backgrounds, who understand the tensions of being part of a military family, and who actively care and support each other.
• We strongly encourage all children and their parents to maintain regular contact via telephone, text, Skype and email. Houseparents and academic staff can also be contacted directly.
• We offer an extensive range of co-curricular activities after school and at weekends so the school is always busy.
Why Do So Many Service Families Send Their Children to King’s?
• Children that go on to King’s College benefit from access to the College’s CCF, with sections in the Royal Marines, Royal Navy and Army.
• Our excellent catering team prepare three outstanding cooked meals a day to ensure the children are well-fuelled.
• We are located within a couple of miles of the centre of a large market town of Taunton in Somerset, with excellent rail and motorway connections whilst enjoying an idyllic country location on the edge of the town surrounded by National Trust farmland.
• Boarders have the benefit of completing their homework or revision in a specific time slot with teachers on hand to support where necessary, this ensures they get their work done and can enjoy their free time thoroughly.
King’s Hall School is proud of the support it provides to children of parents in the British Armed Forces. The support is determined as follows:
Remission for Families Eligible for CEA:
If you are entitled to CEA, you will pay the following fees per term:
|Year 3 and Year 4||£615|
|Year 5 and Year 6||£705|
|Year 7 and Year 8||£800|
Scholarships are also available and can be applied for even if you qualify for CEA.
*The termly fee is fully inclusive of all 'extras' of general application (e.g. meals, laundry, most text books and stationary).
** Fee applies to applications and registrations for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Remission for Families Not Eligible for CEA:
A 10% remission is available for children of serving, regular members of the Armed Forces, where that family is not eligible for CEA. The remission applies against the day or boarding fee as appropriate.
1. Our military remissions are only available to children of serving, regular members of the Armed Forces, not those of reservists.
2. Sibling discounts do not apply.
Contact us for More Information
Service Families Enquriy
If you would like to find out more about our Service Families, please fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.