Latest News

19 September 2016

Pony trekking in Llangorse, Wales

This year’s Pony Trekking trip was a huge success, with the children having lots of fun whilst learning from experienced trainers. Below, they give their reports:

‘Five Days of Fun! We went on our ponies in the day and in the evenings we did fun activities like: swimming, bowling and watching Ghostbusters.’

Elise Roberts

‘We arrived at Llangorse Riding Centre at about 7.00pm. We unpacked our stuff and minibuses. We had supper and settled into our dorms. The next day we met our ponies and instructors and we found out what groups we were in. Anna was on Kez and Martha was on Swift. In the evenings we did lots of activities like swimming and climbing and we went to the cinema. We rode for four hours every day apart from Wednesday, because we went to the Royal Welsh Show. We both really enjoyed pony trekking and 100% want to go next year!’

Anna Flatt & Martha Lawford

‘We all had to meet at school to load our luggage (loads of luggage) onto the trailer and then go on the minibus to Pony Trekking. When we got there we got put into dorms and went to bed. We did riding in the morning and afternoon and did various activities like swimming, going to the cinema to see Ghostbusters, climbing and on the Wednesday we went to the Royal Welsh Show. On Thursday we did a gymkhana and ‘best turned out’. Then we had to leave. Everyone had such fun and would love to go again.'

Eugene Louw

'On Sunday 17th July, I was one of the lucky ones that went pony trekking to Wales. We left at 4.00pm by minibus. We unpacked and settled into our dorms. Over the 5 days we always had a hack in the morning, lunch and then another hack and a riding lesson in the school. We went swimming in an indoor pool twice which was great fun. I also like the climbing wall. On Wednesday we went to the Royal Welsh Show; we loved watching the horses and looking around the stalls. During the last 2 days we did ‘handy pony’, some show jumping and a gymkhana, where most of us got rosettes. My horse was called Dill, he was just under 16 hands and black. I loved galloping up in the hill with another big horse called Pierre. Every night we enjoyed some yummy hot chocolate and marshmallows! Since I have been back from Wales, I have ridden every day. I love cantering everywhere and jumping everything. I can’t wait to go next year.'

Harriet Wrelton

Back to the top of the page