King’s Hall School cherishes its long history of caring for and educating children from a service background. We understand that military family life has its challenges and want to ensure that the children of serving personnel are educated in a warm, collaborative, fulfilling, purposeful, nurturing and reassuring environment creating a rich experience for both child and family.
What makes our school different and why do so many military families send their children to King’s?
• We are a reasonably small school and know each child as an individual, placing emphasis on pastoral care and personal development as well as on academic achievement.
• We offer your child a home-from-home environment in which to live, learn and grow.
• We have a good number of children from service backgrounds, who understand the tensions of being part of a military family, and who actively care and support each other.
• We strongly encourage all children and their parents to maintain regular contact via telephone, text, Skype and email. Houseparents and academic staff can also be contacted directly.
• We offer an extensive range of extra-curricular activities after school and at weekends so the school is always busy.
• Children that go on to King’s College benefit from access to the College’s CCF, with sections in the Royal Marines, Royal Navy and Army.
• Our excellent catering team prepare three outstanding cooked meals a day to ensure the children are well-fuelled.
• We are located within a couple of miles of the centre of a large market town of Taunton in Somerset, with excellent rail and motorway connections whilst enjoying an idyllic country location on the edge of the town surrounded by National Trust farmland.
• Boarders have the benefit of completing their homework or revision in a specific timeslot with teachers on hand to support where necessary, this ensures they get their work done and can enjoy their free time thoroughly.
There are endless further benefits; please contact our Admissions team to discuss opportunities further: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01823 285928.